The National Election Committee (NEC) will commence voter lists revision and voter registration 2019 from 1 to 22 May 2019. This is the remarks by H.E. Mr. Mok Dara, NEC Deputy-General Secretary, during the opening session of the training program for officials of Provincial/Capital Election Secretariat (PES), political parties, NGOs on Voter Lists Revision and Voter Registration 2019 at NEC conference hall on the morning of 20 March 2019.
H.E. Mr. Mok Daraadded that the period of voter lists revision and voter registration 2019 shall be scheduled as follows:
- 6 days from 01 to 6 May 2019, voter registration at Commune/Sangkat Offices;
- 11 days from 07 to 17 May 2019, mobile voter registration at some villages in Commune/Sangkat;
- 5 days from 18 to 22 May 2019, return to conduct the voter registration at Commune/Sangkat Offices.
His Excellency mentioned that requirements of the voter registration 2019 would not be different from the previous voter registration as Khmer citizens of both sexes shall fulfill the following requirements:
- Shall present him/herself and Khmer National Identity Card or Identity Certificate (IC) serving for voter registration before voter registration team in charge of voter registration during the voter registration at any Voter Registration Station in Commune/Sangkat where he/she is living;
- Khmer national;
- Have reached at least eighteen (18) years of age as of 31 July 2019;
- Have home or residence in Commune/Sangkat where the concerned person shall register to vote; and
- Have not been registered to vote yet or have already been registered to vote at any Commune/Sangkat, or have not been registered to vote at any Commune/Sangkat.
It is worth informing that the training program starts from 20 to 22 March 2019 with 150 participants along with master trainers’ presentations on the procedures of voter lists revision and voter registration, the process of voter lists revision and voter registration program.